Students are eligible to attend school in the district in which they and either parent resides.       Texas Education Code 25.001(1) 

A student who is at least five years of age and under 21 years of age on the first day of September of any school year and who lives within the District's boundaries may enroll.  Children who are four years of age on or before September 1 may enroll in the Pre-Kindergarten program. 

The District requires the following items at the time of enrollment:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Card
  • Immunization Record
  • Proof of Residency - current utility bill with parents/guardians name and service address on it must be presented
  • Transcript and Withdrawal form from the last school student attended (report card required for Elem/JH students)
  • Parents or Legal Guardians Driver's License

A minor student residing in the District but whose parent, guardian or other person having lawful control under a court order does not reside in the District, shall present a Power of Attorney assigning responsibility for the student in all school-related matters to an adult resident of the District. 

Parents or Legal Guardians must stay with the enrolling student during the entire enrollment process.  If you have any questions regarding the enrollment process, please call the campus office.

  • Elementary Campus (PK - 5th Grade)                  806-659-2565
  • Spearman Jr. High (Grades 6-8)                           806-659-2563
  • Spearman High School (Grades 9-12)                 806-659-2584 

Student Transfer Information (Out-of-District Students)

Texas statue requires annual submission of a transfer application form for each student that lives outside the boundaries of our school district.  Application must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian each year.  Factors taken into consideration for student transfers include academic performance, attendance patterns, discipline records, space availability and employment of additional personnel, as well as extenuating circumstances that may have prompted the request of the transfer.

Continuing Transfer:

Transfers are approved for one school year only.  All students must re-apply each year.  The approval of a transfer does not guarantee future transfer approval for the next school year.

Requesting an Application

You may request an Out-of-District Transfer Application in one of the following ways:

  • Print the application from the "FORM" section above
  • Call any campus office to request an application to be emailed or faxed to you;
  • Pick up an application from the Superintendent's office (403 E. 11th Avenue)

Application must be completed and returned to the campus principal.  The application will also require board approval.